Feldgrau Fall 2007. Rolled-Edge Filzhelm

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Recall my "Feldgrau Fall" theme last year with four Feldgrau helmets? This year it is a touch thinner, only one.

But oooooh it is a good one.
biggrin.gif

I have searched for years for a nice example of the Ersatz Preußen Rolled-Edge Filzhelm.

All the pics and description here >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/feldgrau/helmets/fgh23.htm

fgh23.jpg

Hi Tony: A very nice example of the rolled edge filz helme! I would remind you that I have in my collection a Baden model (brass fittings) of this type made by a different company (no manufacturers name) which includes felt side renforcements to the M91 posts. The liner is dyed black which again, differs from yours. I believe that I posted pics on another thread. A great addition to your collection! Congrats. Brian

b.loree said:
//I have in my collection a Baden model (brass fittings) of this type made by a different company (no manufacturers name) which includes felt side renforcements to the M91 posts. The liner is dyed black which again, differs from yours. //

Interesting. Can you show it B?

Excellant piece Tony!

Always with good stuff!!!

Not to get off track but in the picture you have on the Bunker is it me or does that Filzhelm look like it has a leather edge?

John

JohnM said:
Not to get off track but in the picture you have on the Bunker is it me or does that Filzhelm look like it has a leather edge?

Nope. The photo shows a thick Filz example, and you are seeing the shadow of the raw edge. I have a few examples like this, they are very think felt. T

Back