Poor tschapka...

I'm sure one of the forum members here will do it justice!
It is the one with the special wappen, ( line eagle with battle honours circular around) will be almost impossible to find to complete the shell

Reactions: USN
I could add it to my list of projects I'm sure lol
I am privileged to have them, as I remember it well for the EM it is a line eagle with the banners soldered to it, whereas on the officer it is one piece, I take a picture of it when I get home ( but as it is on a kammerstuck it is not available to complete this shell)
On the other hand, if one manages to restore this felt shell with the correct wappen it will be an ultra rare helmet!)

Reactions: USN
I did check this out because I don't have one.
But getting the wappen and mortar board will be next to impossible.
But the repairs are definitely doable.
But it would be worth having.

I think if you found an extra felt shell cheap with no holes for the spine, then maybe you could form it to the funnel shape to make the tschapka top.

I am privileged to have them, as I remember it well for the EM it is a line eagle with the banners soldered to it, whereas on the officer it is one piece, I take a picture of it when I get home ( but as it is on a kammerstuck it is not available to complete this shell)
On the other hand, if one manages to restore this felt shell with the correct wappen it will be an ultra rare helmet!)
hereby photo's of the wappen that should complete this ersatz tschapka ,

Attachments

• EM wappen UR14.jpeg
    EM wappen UR14.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 24
  • wappen officer UR14.jpeg
    wappen officer UR14.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 24
Back