Recent find

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Always looking for reference books, found this older one on Ebay Germany.

Collecting Military Headgear of the First World War 1914 to 1918, written and illustrated by Brian Calkins.

From 1990 never had seen it before, and price was right so added to my collection.

After receiving it, noticed that some friends where involved in getting the book done, Chip Minx and Larry Stewart. As well as Marshall Daut, whom I have never had the pleasure of meeting. So Congrats guy's on helping with this book back in the day.

Also, very interesting is the book came from a Library on a U.S. Military base.

USA Berlin Library System
Nicholson Memorial Library
Unit #26730 Box 500
APO AE 09235

James

Well, that is a new one on me....never heard of that reference or seen a copy. Good score.

It is a good little book. Mix of black and white photos with illustrations.

I have compiled a list of every of helmet book in my library, which I believe to be every helmet book published (I have a photocopy of one old Italian book, otherwise I've tracked down all the other books):
http://www.nyc-techwriters.com/militaria/articles/helmet_titles.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also collect articles that were written on helmets. I have many digital copies, but a collector sold me his collection of articles in binders - some going back decades. I call this my "Great Library of Helmet Research."

Back