What kind of uniform is this

rickynarbo

Hello.
I have foun this photo arroud the web and I was wondering if you can help me figure out what kind of uniform is this?
It appears to have prussian buttons and a ek1.
Thanks in advance.
kind regards.
Ricard
Screenshot_20240303_152611_Gallery.jpg

Unusual, what do the shoulder boards look like and can you post the reverse, inside, and should boards? The style is reminiscent of something a mountain troop may have had made. Unusual for sure
Hello ccj.
image_3731268.jpgimage_3731269.jpg
A friend of mine directed me to waf forum member GWA as the original member of this tunic. It appears to be inactive since 2022, so I think any attempt on my part to get more photos will be difficult.

I managed to find these and will keep looking. I find it a quite intriguing piece.

Thanks for your help. I must admit that I am a big fan of your collection.
Best regards.
Ricard

It’s hard to say when this uniform was made or for the purpose. What color is the underlay on the boards, blue or green?

I probably wouldn’t buy it if offered to me.

It seems the boards are green. And yes its a very strange tunic for sure.
I have no intention of buying it but i have the tendency to try and descifrate any kind of rare uniform that gets in my way. This reminds me of a litewka but with exposed buttons.
Thanks for the help!

The style is reminiscent of something a mountain troop may have had made. Unusual for sure

I completely agree, its very similar in cut and style to that worn by the Württemberg Battalion. There are too many differences for me to think that is what it is. The colored-padded shoulder seams, no pleated pockets, no buttoned flaps on the pockets ect ect. Here are a few pictures to show the differences. Images from Alexander Jordans new book on German Mountain troops which is excellent. (y)

snow1.jpeg

snow4.jpeg

Back