HELLO FROM NEVADA

Foxdoublegunner

Gentlemen,
My account was activated just before Christmas so I would like to formally introduce myself to all of the other members on the site. I am a retired Marine artilleryman. My wife and I currently split our time between Nevada and the California area. I was recently introduced to the world of "Pickelhaubes" through a fellow Luger collector who alerted me to a Pickelhaube for sale marked to the same unit as my 1912 P08. After receiving assurances of its authenticity from a couple of collectors of WW 1 German militaria, I took the leap and am now the owner of an M15 marked to the Baden 111th Inf Regt. It is missing the national and Baden cockades, a chinstrap and the spine nut but all else is there and in good shape. I am looking forward to learning from the rest of you on this forum.

Ricardo aka "Foxdoublegunner""

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the warm welcome. Here is the link to my M 15. The seller accepted my offer of $500.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WWI-Baden-M15-J-R-111-1915-Enlisted-Pickelhaube-/291325104078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d4544fce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attached are some pictures of my Luger from the same unit as the Pickelhaube. I also have a nice condition 1912 holster but it is marked to a unit that served on the eastern front, GR5. I was just happy to find something presentable from the same year as the pistol. I looked at some holsters which were a real mess and not even marked to a unit or maker. Good condition pre war leather articles are pretty scarce as you are all well aware. This is especially true for those items such as holsters which could be re-purposed for use during the Weimar and WW 2 eras.
We have a small cabin up the mountain from Reno where we spend time whenever we can get away from life's responsibilities. The latest snow storm just finished and the walkway is shoveled so I may break out the snowshoes in a while and go for a walk around the woods.

Regards,
Ricardo

Love the Luger Ricardo. Unfortunately, our gun laws here (CN) are so harsh that owning such a piece opens up a real can of worms. Welcome to the forum.

Brian-Thank you. After a bit of searching and a lot of assistance from the folks over at the Luger Forum, I was able to track down the 1912 luger and purchase it at a fair price and then began my quest for 111 IR artifacts. In fairly quick succession I was able to track down the M15 pickelhaube along with a reservist stein from 1895-97, both marked to the 111 IR from. These are accompanied by a 1912 luger holster marked to a Grenadier Regiment. A friend also sent me a picture of four soldiers from the 111th Regiment so now I have a decent collection of memorabilia from the regiment. This hobby can quickly become an expensive obsession!

Regards,
Ricardo

Very cool pictures Joe, that head and shoulders one is superbe. Ricardo, I think a feldgrau shoulder strap should be next for your JR 111 grouping. The individual in Joe's first pic is a One Year Volunteer due to the striped edges on his straps.

Gentlemen,
Excellent pictures. Thank you for sharing them with me.
Joe, with your permission, I would like to print them out and place them with my other items from the Regiment.
I will keep my eye out for a shoulder strap next. I have seen one come up for sale but it looks a bit ratty and the stitching is coming undone. The price wasn't too bad though.

Regards,
Ricardo

Ricardo,

Send me your email address by p.m. and I will send you high density scans of the photographs. You can do what you wish with them!

V/R
Joe

Back