Help with uniform details of GR89

Jvpi

Hello,

I'm seeking help from our uniform experts!

Two questions about the other ranks' twill jacket (Drillichjacke) of the GR89 (All battalions) around 1910-1914.

1. What cord was used on Gefreiter's twill jacket (on the lower edge of the collar)? I assume it probably was the similar one used on the edges of OYV's shoulder straps, but it was not mentioned in my reference. Perhaps it was just the same as the Prussian model without any special features?
2. What border was used on NCO's twill tunic? Was it the same as the border used on NCO's overcoat collar tabs?

Original notes in Bekleidungsordnung, period photographs or surviving examples will certainly help!

Best regards,
Jvpi

Last edited:
Hey Maxwell!

I have been looking through my Mecklenburg photos, and so far the only ones I have of soldiers in Drillich jackets are of FR90. They wear a plain white Drillichjacke, void of any type of cord. The search continues, however!

Hey Maxwell!
Hi Karl,

Thank you for your efforts! I appreciate it a lot!
Gefreiters have a coloured cord on the lower edge of their twill jacket collar. I found two pieces of illustrations indicating in Mecklenburg the cord was in crimson… can’t believe this was not mentioned in the text. The colour could also be dark red or pink…

Back