Hermann

I'm curious about all of the above as well Steve.

I *think* HH usually does post-sales, so that will be interesting to watch as well. Their consignor fee is 20% for most stuff (you have to admire the auction business model - no inventory costs, while buyers and sellers pay you at the end of the day!). And from their terms, looks like they charge an additional fee if you decide to start the bidding at a higher price then their experts recommended...and your piece doesn't sell.

The Auction Hauses cleanup, don't they make 20% off the buyer and 20% off the seller.?

I may be getting my Auction Houses mixed up, but I believe they do post-sales as well. I also think the longer it sets the lower the percentage they charge.

I *think* HH usually does post-sales, so that will be interesting to watch as well. Their consignor fee is 20% for most stuff (you have to admire the auction business model - no inventory costs, while buyers and sellers pay you at the end of the day!). And from their terms, looks like they charge an additional fee if you decide to start the bidding at a higher price then their experts recommended...and your piece doesn't sell.
I like the word "Experts "
IF they are Experts , do they allow bad pieces in their auction ?
Steve

Bidders have to know that HH does not except returns
so if you win , and don't like the piece
so sad , too bad !
Steve

How can you figure out some of the bids ?
F R 73 officer went for 7000 Euro + 25 % commission
8,750 Euro and if you are an American bidder
add about another 10 % for the exchange rate
now we are at $ 9,625 U S Dollars
had to be 2 collectors who wanted that one badly
I have a friend who bid on it with no luck
Steve

Back