The Big Bang Theory #3: 30,cm Cartridge Casing

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Here are some fireworks for Canada Day and for July 4th to the south. :eek:ccasion5:

A scarce 30,5cm cartridge casing for the Krupp Beta 1909 Gerät & 1918 Schwere Kartaune Beta-M-Gerät.

Click HERE for full details and photographs.

cc14.jpg

Tony; Another great presentation. I've got to get one of those 30.5cm casingsThe OK7 is perhaps OKT ,with part of the "T" worn off??? Keep them coming, love those shell casings. Dick

Fantastic stuff.
The big bang ! The dream of the Artilleryman.
Primer: Schlgzdschr. 14 ( Schlagzünd(er)schraube.14 )

http://www.stmug.bayern.de/umwelt/boden/vollzug/doc/anlage_3.1_arbeitshilfe_untersuch_sprengplaetze.pdf

Rgds,
Francis

Great as always Tony; I agree with Dick, it definitely looks like OKT(ober 1917).

Happy Canada Day to all!! :guns:

Wow do I feel stupid. That is OKT for October. The right side does not show due to a poor strike with the stamping. That was not even a German 7 so something was not right, but boy, did I miss the painfully obvious on that one. Duh. Thanks guys. Also Francis, excellent link you posted! I have added the primer info as Schlagzündschraube 14. Much appreciated.

Made some corrections, some very knowledgeable and generous with information readers emailed me and offered some corrections on the early Beta 97/09 so I have corrected that. Even more interesting now.

Back