WW1 French Aircraft metal labels for control panel instruments and control devices + German label

ww1czechlegion

Offered for sale is a nice assortment of metal aircraft instrument and control devices labels from a WW1 French Aircraft control panel. I purchased these approximately 25 years ago from a friend here in Iowa who acquired them from a WW1 veteran's family. Unfortunately I do not know the name of the WW1 veteran who brought these home to the U.S., or the name of his family.

I believe there is one metal German label, but I do not know if it from an aircraft, or from a motor vehicle.

Included in the grouping are a couple of devices which I believe are from the wing support wires. There is also an unknown set of keys, and a ball bearing ring, as well as a larger ball bearing, some type of a "rivet" connector device, a cotter pin, and a bullet..

1.) "Pression Resevoir Gauche" translates to English: "Left Tank Pressure". "Ouvert" translates to "Open". "Ferme" translates to "Firm".

2.) "Cote Gauche" / Gaz / "Cote droit" translates to English "Left Side" / "Gas" / "Right Side".

3.) "Declanchement du Reservoir Ne tirer qu'en cas d'incendie" translates to English "Tank Activation Only fire in case of fire" (I don't think that is fully accurate translation to English)

4.) "Verilier le calage de l'helice avant le depart" translates to English "Check the propeller timing before departure".

5.) "Contact Magneto de Depart" translates to English "Contact Magneto Starter".

6.) The German label has damage, as seen in photos. I do not know if this is for an aircraft, or for a truck or some other type of motor vehicle.
"nichts auf den motor legen, da bei ......" in German translates to English: "do not put anything on the engine, because with ......" the rest is not legible because of the damage to the label.

Price: $300.00 or "Best Offer" plus Postage.

Payment via PayPal is ok. I prefer "friends and family".

USA Postage: $10.40 via Priority Mail in a small flat rate box, with Tracking.

I can mail this to Canada for $22 via 1st Class International Mail Parcel with Tracking, mailed in a sturdy bubble pack envelope.

Postage to Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, UK for $24 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking in a sturdy bubble pack envelope.

Postage to Australia or New Zealand: $25 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking in a sturdy bubble pack envelope.

Thanks,

Alan

100_8553.JPG

100_8554.JPG

100_8555.JPG

100_8556.JPG

100_8557.JPG

100_8558.JPG

100_8559.JPG

100_8560.JPG

100_8561.JPG

100_8562.JPG

Last edited:
Last photos.

The German label has damage, as seen in photos. I do not know if this is for an aircraft, or for a truck or some other type of motor vehicle.
"nichts auf den motor legen, da bei ......" in German translates to English: "do not put anything on the engine, because with ......" the rest is not legible because of the damage to the label.

100_8563.JPG

100_8564.JPG

100_8565.JPG

100_8566.JPG

Last edited:
Back