Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regiment Nr. 17 uniform

Very nice!

I understand the lower half of the HR 17 NCO's plume was black.

Regards
Glenn

HR17NCO.jpg

Your photograph is of an Husar (Gemeiner) or private soldier who would wear a white plume. Your Attila is that of a Sergeant or Vizewachtmeister. Please see the extracts below from the Bekleidungsordnung of 1903 and the regimental history of 1909 (2nd Volume) by Major Mackensen v. Astfeld.

Regards
Glenn

haarbusch.jpg

hr17bush.jpg

Wow,
Glenn, I´m always really stunned by your sources and the way you are using them !! :eek:
Great demonstration :bravo:
It could be pretty difficult for Thierry to find such an original plume..... :cry:

Philippe

Good evening Argonne (Rheinbaben), thank you for your answer.

It's true, The documentation of Glenn is high-quality.

As for the plume I have some adress and some patience...

Thank you

PS / excuse my bad English

Hello GUR2,

One more time, very, very High quality ! :bravo: :bravo:

OK Glenn I will try to find an other plume.

Don't worry, yours is the same that on the photograph.

I think your Unteroffizier was a poor man, or may be he had not bought his new Haarbusch. :D

GUR2 said:
Good evening Argonne (Rheinbaben), thank you for your answer.

It's true, The documentation of Glenn is high-quality.

As for the plume I have some adress and some patience...

Thank you

PS / excuse my bad English

Hi Thierry,
Don´t worry, my english is far not better than yours 8-[
And you´re perfectly right, it´s almost impossible to do much better than Glenn with his fantastic historic sources and the rapidity and the precision he is working and sharing with them :eek:
I had and still have some personal occasions to appreciate his fantastic work!
Your busby is also great and perfect, even if it is not matching 100% your Attila :wink: Don´t worry too much about that :wink:

Philippe / argonne / Rheinbaben

JR92 said:
even if it is not matching 100% your Attila

Sure, head is missing, would you put your's between ? :D :D :D

Jean-Pierre, it would be for me a great pleasure to make you this favour.....But only at one condition: the busby is then mine :p :p :p
Ask Thierry if he agrees :D

Philippe

I know I for one am in great debt to Glenn. He is really really fast and very sharing. Almost sounds like I think you are a gentleman old guy!

A couple of things: Regarding so called bad English...you Europeans constantly amaze me with your "English" posts. I am humbled by your abilities in this area as I could not comfortably post on any French or German forums. So do not feel bad, this is not school where the teacher is going to get mad. Post away and the more the merrier!! We have lots of people here who can help out with translation. Secondly, thanks to Glen who never ceases to step out of the "wow" factor in delivering precise detailed information to help us out. Third and last...that HR 17 grouping is killer! I would buy it in a New York minute (which means at the speed of light)! Congratulations.

Hello

b.loree said:
A couple of things: Regarding so called bad English...you Europeans constantly amaze me with your "English" posts. I am humbled by your abilities in this area as I could not comfortably post on any French or German forums. So do not feel bad, this is not school where the teacher is going to get mad. Post away and the more the merrier!! We have lots of people here who can help out with translation. Secondly, thanks to Glen who never ceases to step out of the "wow" factor in delivering precise detailed information to help us out. Third and last...that HR 17 grouping is killer! I would buy it in a New York minute (which means at the speed of light)! Congratulations.

Thank you very much.

Regards ...From France.

You are very welcome GUR2. Could we have some close up photos of your busby and uniform? These are rare pieces and I think it would help our fellow collectors to see what original pieces from HR 17 look like. Greetings from cold and snowy Canada!

Back