Bremen - more photos

Skipper John

Thanks for your patience. Here's another try to get a full set of photos into the post.

WEIMAR

Skipper John

DONE IT!!!!

Thanks again for steering me through the choppy waters of the Digital Sea.

:bravo:

WEIMAR

WEIMAR said:
Skipper John

DONE IT!!!!

Thanks again for steering me through the choppy waters of the Digital Sea.

:bravo:

WEIMAR

Don't thank me! I'm 63 years old. My 15 year old nephew taught me how to do this stuff!!!

The three greatest lies of all time:
1) The check is in the mail.
2) I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
3)Computers HELP people.

John :)

Beautiful helmet! :bravo:
Here's mine. Bremen M1860:

These are 2 beautyfull helmets
Is the first time to se one thats marked clemen on the chinstrap as wel on the visor trim

Very nice find :thumb up:

Jonas

Next to an M1887, an M1891 is the most difficult model to find in my opinion. They are just not out there. I was very fortunate to find the M91 I have, and it was completely by accident; I thought I was buying a bog-standard M95 and almost fell over when I opened the box.

Mine is HERE.

So well done and you are very fortunate to find one with the perfect pre-1895 date. The features you mentioned are very unique to this model.

Scarce helmet in this unique configuration, worn between 1891 and 1897.
Prussian cockade to the right on M91 side post and hanseatic cockade to the left. At this time, this Landkokarde pattern was even used at the JR76 (Hamburg).

1897, as the JR162 (Lübeck), third hanseatic unit, was created, each hanseatic unit had then a specific Landkokarde, the prussian cockade was not worn anymore but was replaced by the Reich cockade. The JR162 only continued to wear this specific cockade.

This helmet could only has been worn between 1893 and 1897!
This hanseatic cockade for M91 side post is very very scarce!!! Only worn between 1891 and 1897 at the JR75 and JR76 and 1897 till 1918 at the JR162 :thumb up:

Philippe
:)

Thanks, Philippe, for confirming that the helmet configuration is correct.

It's reassuring to get the seal of approval from the experienced members of this forum.

Regards

Peter :D

Back