Garde Du Corps NCO tunic

I have one on my GGR# 3 Waffenrock
but I will need help from another family member to hold the strap up
so that I can try to shoot a photo of the button for you
This was a private purchase Waffenrock that was tailor made View attachment 44600
Steve
Very nice! I only have one uniform that can support a lanyard but it has a small hook instead of a button and I'm guessing by the size of the threads it was definitely a button. Would you happen to have any idea as to why there would be buttons on both sides? There are threads on the outer edge of the shoulder on both sides which appear to have accommodated a button.

Very nice! I only have one uniform that can support a lanyard but it has a small hook instead of a button and I'm guessing by the size of the threads it was definitely a button. Would you happen to have any idea as to why there would be buttons on both sides? There are threads on the outer edge of the shoulder on both sides which appear to have accommodated a button.
The Cavalry wore the shooting cord on a different side
from the Infantry
Steve

I have one on my GGR# 3 Waffenrock
but I will need help from another family member to hold the strap up
so that I can try to shoot a photo of the button for you
This was a private purchase Waffenrock that was tailor made View attachment 44600
Steve
Since it is a private purchase
the shoulder straps do NOT have the regular button holes
so it is not possible for me to raise the strap to take photo
But I can tell you by me feeling under the strap
the button is NOT a metal one
Just a regular horn button
not seen when the strap is in the proper place .
Steve

Reactions: USN
Would anyone by chance have an appropriate marksmanship lanyard button that goes under the shoulder boards as well as the shoulder board buttons? I'm looking for ones marked extra fein without the assman "A" on them.

Back