Guard Officer Bluse

dave mosher

Wie gehts:

I would like to share a few pics of the Prussian Guard officer's feldbluse I was able to pick up recently. The "Old Prussian" litzen with matt silver Spiegel and the plain, non-cyphered white-piped boards would identify the jacket to a leutnant of the 5. Garde-Regt. zu Fuss. There were only three regiments authorized to wear this pattern litzen on the M-15 bluse: 5. Garde-Regt. zu Fuss, Garde-Grenadier Regt. Nr. 5 (but Spiegel is matt gold), and Fusilier-Regt. von Gersdorff Nr. 80 (but is cyphered). No identification was found in the jacket, so we will never know who he was.

Regards

Dave

Fantastic tunic! :bravo:
That is one of the best 1915 pattern feldbluse I have seen. Has everything I would look for - great condition, not messed with and Guard Infantry! I particularly like the Old Pattern litzen. Can't understand why no one else has commented. Must have bee missed by most people.
Congratulations - very jealous!
Michael

Thank you both for your comments. I had sold my feldbluses over the past years in order to focus on M-1910 officer waffenrocks, but this one "sang" to me. Every once in a while, I'll see a officer feldbluse w/ double litzen on the collar, but this is the first I had seen with either the single grenadier litzen or the "old Prussian" litzen for sale.

Regards

Dave

Dave,

That's a great piece and one of the few really attractive officer's Bluse that you will see. The ones without Litzen are painfully plain and I think you were smart to acquire such a nice example. I have a loose pair of the "alt Preußen" Litzen, but they are from an officer of the Füsilier Regiment von Gersdorff Nr.80. Unfortunately, the image is really too dark to properly see the colors of the Litzen.

Chip

Back