Hermann

Speaking of the HH auction...this one puzzles me. Anyone in the hive mind have an explanation for whether or not a reserve officer of the Landwehr was actually a thing?

View attachment 44601
Interesting helmet
I am not so sure that the title is correct
I once traded for an Artillery strap ( officer or Officer S / T )
that had 2 bombs on it
not regulation
but I think was correct
It was lost in the mail
and I never got it
Steve

Looking at some of Hermann helmets, I wonder where the silk canvas was not stitched. We spent so much on a helmet and shd be able to do basic stitching or at least get someone to stitch it so that we can enjoy a nice piece of history over a cup of coffee, though I know u guys prefer beer and wine

I have never seen two crosses applied to a wappen before. Any Garde Lw. I have seen just had the regulation configuration as shown on this piece. Interesting 🤔

Jan K. Kube's Auction #146 is now on line.
They have some nice pieces being offered; a couple of my friends generally attend in person. Some great firearms as well, especially the earlier 19th Century pieces which I collect.

Last edited:
Does this Mecklenburg kokarde look weird to you? The blue seems too light (and bright) compared to the deeper blue I've generally seen for these. So many weird little quirks in just about all of the helmets in this one.Meck Kokarde.JPG

Back