Interesting Wurttemberg Dragoon Helmet Pickup

dave mosher

Wie gehts all:

Although this is a bit earlier in age than I typically collect, I picked up this interesting "transitional" 25th dragoon officer's helmet last month and thought I would share it with you. I believe the helmet was constructed in circa 1880, with the introduction on the silk interior. The remainder of the helmet is constructed with the heavier, thicker leather shell and visors and with the more conical shape and earlier crossbase. Wurttembergers were known for being "frugal" and it appears the helmet was in use at least through 1897, when the national cockade was added.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks for share this killer helmet!
Otto

PS. To have clean photos without the letters beside, make that:

1) Paste the link.

2) Erase and of the extremities of the link

3) Doing that we have

4) Submit

and voilá!

Gorgeous as always. Uh....the helmet Dave, not you, although I am sure you are a handsome chap.

Not only is your photography superb, but the photos are a decent size! Finally!!

Is the 450 pixel width gone? Celebration! :headbang:

Thanks all for your comments and advice.

Tony,

If the pictures look nice, it would be in large part because I used your recommendations of photographing the subjects outside vs. under artificial light. By the way, I would see myself as "ruggedly handsome" not "gorgeous"......

Dave

dave mosher said:
I would see myself as "ruggedly handsome" not "gorgeous"......

Dave

I imagine that perhaps to a toad.. you might be considered 'cute'.... :D

Also.Toadie.... I left a message for you on your cell and you appear to have ignored it... Ribbit.. ribbit...

M

Super helmet Dave...or should I say Super Dave, nice helmet??? Ruggedly handsome..........???? I will leave that one to the ladies. Brian

Back