JR92 listing

awozny1965

All,

I am looking at the following helmet and I am seeking some guidance here. Besides the fact that there are only two pictures showing the skull I don't think there is enough detail. I looked at older posts here and those skulls and the Peninsula wappen simply looked better than this one currently offered.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

All,

I am looking at the following helmet and I am seeking some guidance here. Besides the fact that there are only two pictures showing the skull I don't think there is enough detail. I looked at older posts here and those skulls and the Peninsula wappen simply looked better than this one currently offered.

Thanks
It does look a little " flat " ; less of a 3 - D look
I would think there were different firms that offered a I R 92 officers helmet
I have owned 3 of them during my collecting years
The pay master helmet , I no longer own
The other 2 , I still have .The active officer has a skull that really pops out
The reserve officer has a normal skull .
As to the Weitze helmet ;
Contact someone within the Weitze firm ( I deal with Jan Muller )
If you are a serious player and will buy the helmet if it looks O K to you
ask them to remove the plate and shot you some more photos
for 12,500 Euro they should do that for you
all they can say , is that the plate has not been off the helmet in years
and they don't want to do it now
I would also ask about return privilege after person inspection
SteveI R 92  Pay Master.jpegI R 92 T K X 2  and E.jpegI R 92  reserve officer.jpeg

The skull is questionable....
that's what I am thinking, the Peninsula wappen looks pretty good to me though additional pictures would be needed but it is mainly the lacking detail of the skull. The teeth for instance looks like two rows and then very smooth between the upper teeth and the nostrils, while on others the teeth lines seems to move towards the nostrils. Also there is simply not enough detail around the eyes for me.

All,

Thanks
I see that it is now marked sold
Steve

Back