Kavalleriemuseum Vornholz

kuerassier

The Kavalleriemuseum Cavalry-museum in the castle Haus Vornholz, near Münster in Westfalen,Germany.
The greatest private collection for imperial cavalry-uniforms. Formed in the sixties.
Many items from the museum are to see in Referencebooks, like The German Cavalry from 1871 to 1914, by Nguyen and Herr.
The museum is only to visit by appointment. A part of fieldgrey and international items is not open to the public.
To see helmets, tunics… from most of all german regiments, especially hussars.
From every hussars-regiment is a Paradeatattila, Interimsattila and Attila for enlisted men.
A Koller and a Waffenrock from the Kronprinz, Kürrasierregiment Nr.2
Here some pictures:

Help !
Now, within the hour:...
I'd like/want/have to explain to my wife that I want to go and visit:

1. Kasteel (Castle) Doorn
2. Vornholz
3. Brussels Army Museum
4. Fort de la Pompelle

In one week...
This summer.

This will/might keep me calm till summer 2012....

Thanks for sharing

Francis

Most pieces are gifts of veterans to the founder of the collection Clemens Freiherr von Nagel-Doornick,who died 1977. He served in the Reichswehr in a cavalry-regiment.

Okay, somebody help me out! Something I've never seen before....in the third photo down in Item # 1, I believe it's Garde du Corps stuff, there is a RED Waffenrock. I have never, ever seen a red Waffenrock. Can anyone tell me anything abou it?

redwaffenrock.jpg

garder said:
It is a gala tunic for a leutnant in the Garde-Cuirassier regiment.
The regiments Gardes du Corps and Garde-Kürassiere had such a Galawaffenrock for officers. Gardes du Corps with blue pipings and Garde-Kürassiere with white.

Back