Kube May 2024

I will 2nd Steve's comment in that Kube and almost every Auction House, a "in person" floor bidder will always win in the event of a tie bid. Also keep in mind that telephone bidders are considered "in person" by some auction houses as they may charge them extra for the service.

Hello, he gives you only the tracking number, if you specifically ask.

I did it, because my parcel was missing… it made a round trip and took 2 months before I got it.

But this was an exception. Normally everything regarding shipping works very well with him.

Best wishes,

GardeUlan
Much appreciated.

Much appreciated.
That's been my experience too, Mike. Mr. Kube runs an ooooold school but efficient operation. Never had an issue with a shipment, and they are sent out as quickly as most good auctions houses do (HH seems to be an outlier in leisurely shipping). He's generally responsive to email requests.

Well, still no information on shipping or tracking numbers. He informed me on 14 May that shipping would be via DHL -- not my first choice. He did acknowledge receipt of the bank transfer on 23 May after I asked if it had arrived. I made my latest request for tracking information -- which is essential for the insurance coverage I carry -- on 29 May but no response so far. I am concerned. This has strung out very long. The last I heard from him regarding shipping was 23 May and he said he was waiting for "export papers" whatever those are. Yes, I do worry about items en route and use my FedEx account exclusively and offer that account number to sellers and dealers. It has worked perfectly for the 37 years I have shipped by FedEx. I do thank everyone for the reassurances but the best feeling will be when that box is in my hands.

I will 2nd Steve's comment in that Kube and almost every Auction House, a "in person" floor bidder will always win in the event of a tie bid. Also keep in mind that telephone bidders are considered "in person" by some auction houses as they may charge them extra for the service.
Correct!

Well, still no information on shipping or tracking numbers. He informed me on 14 May that shipping would be via DHL -- not my first choice. He did acknowledge receipt of the bank transfer on 23 May after I asked if it had arrived. I made my latest request for tracking information -- which is essential for the insurance coverage I carry -- on 29 May but no response so far. I am concerned. This has strung out very long. The last I heard from him regarding shipping was 23 May and he said he was waiting for "export papers" whatever those are. Yes, I do worry about items en route and use my FedEx account exclusively and offer that account number to sellers and dealers. It has worked perfectly for the 37 years I have shipped by FedEx. I do thank everyone for the reassurances but the best feeling will be when that box is in my hands.

Hi Mike,

I waited earlier this year for a little over 2-month's time period before I received a helmet from Portugal, the Baden reservist helmet that Brian is currently working on getting the dent pushed back out on the helmet body. The seller said they were waiting for "export papers" like what you're hearing from Kube. Portugal apparently has one of the strictest export laws compared to the rest of the EU member countries. I was not aware that Germany has any export restrictions on military head gear (helmets), cloth insignia, or other non-firearms militaria, etc. This is the first I've heard of a seller in Germany needing to acquire "export papers" to mail something to the U.S.

The worst part for me was they shipped out the helmet using DHL (which I highly dislike and have had bad experiences with in the past). The helmet was picked up by DHL, was ready for export from the country, and then I saw that the package was unexpectedly returned to the seller. Fortunately I was able to connect with a good DHL customer service agent via phone, and they explained that there was a problem with the "export paperwork" and that the package was returned to the seller. DHL called me back the next day, and informed me that the package was now back on its way to me. A problem for me was that the delivery was scheduled while I was away from home attending the S.O.S.

Since DHL does not always deliver to every address in the U.S., they use contract carriers. In my case they used "Speedy Delivery" service company, based out of Minnesota, which I have no problem with. I requested that DHL have the package placed "on hold" for delivery since I would be away from home. DHL customer service assured me that the package would be held for delivery until the next business day, which was Monday, when I would be home again. I was dumbfounded to find the helmet package sitting inside my enclosed front porch when I arrived home on Sunday. They delivered the helmet on Saturday when I was gone, contrary to my instructions and what I had been promised by DHL.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Last edited:
Still no word on shipping or tracking numbers. Have members here received the items they won in the last auction? I’m now worried about getting them at all, after a large expenditure and bank transfer. No response to my request for info as of this morning (afternoon in Germany on a Friday). Please let me know your experiences.

Good news. Herr Kube shipped today and provided DHL tracking numbers.
That is indeed good news Mike! My experience with him has always been fine - although he is very old school, and I'm not sure he has a huge staff. He's not the fastest, but also not the slowest. And everything has always been packed well. 🤞

That is indeed good news Mike! My experience with him has always been fine - although he is very old school, and I'm not sure he has a huge staff. He's not the fastest, but also not the slowest. And everything has always been packed well. 🤞

Thanks, Jeff. I do appreciate the comments.

Back