Kurassier Officer Helmet

Hi Dave:

It looks good, but a private seller and no option for PayPal means you're really gambling with your money.

Here are his negatives:

http://www.goofbay.com/getFeedback.html?fb_username=tessa55246&submit=Received+By

Tempting, but the setup scares me.

Chas.

Thanks, Chas. That's pretty much what I thought, too...Tempting but a 4K gamble could make for a VERY un-merry Christmas!
:eek:

Dave

Dave & Chas: From the photographs the chinscales seem to have been "played with" to make them fit the helmet. Look closely at the end pieces, they are barely covered by the preceeding link.

Reservist1

The rear tail also looks 'flat' at the end, I know them to have at least a little arch up. The repos I have seen seem to have the flat look. The worn inside of the helmet did not seem to match the rather pristine look of the outside of the helm. odd.

Chris

Some excellent comments gentlemen in pointing out anomalies. The chin scales do look "off" to me. I do like the colour of the solder on the back of the wappen though. It is possible to age new solder but one still can not achieve the matt grey patina of what we see here. I would also like to draw your attention to the leather sweat band and silk liner. It looks like good honest wear on these parts to my eyes. I also like the traces of oxidization that we see on the spitze. I realize, that these observations are redundant, as the helme has already sold. Brian

HEY - This guy is offering me this helmet because the sole snipping bidder could not pay. :( 3000Euro + Shipping any takers???? Chris

I had inquired about this helmet during the initial auction. He says 100% original. I should ask about restoration that may have been done. This helm just does not have the :p factor for me. Chris

Back