Kurassier_Regiment Graf Gessler (Rheinisches) Nr. 8 Grouping

dave mosher

Wie gehts:

Here is a M-1910 officer's waffenrock, schirmmutze, feldbinde and pickelhaube for a leutnant of KR 8, part of the VIII AK and garrisoned in Deutz which I was able to complete. The piping color is hellgrun (light green). A few things to notice for kurassier waffenrocks are the piping along the bottom seam and rear skirt scallops of the tunic but not piped along the collar or cuffs, where the Borte is attached. The helmet is nickeled steel with brass wappen and trim. The cyphers on the shoulder boards had been removed, most likely during the war since the Chef of the Regiment was King George V of England!! Hope you have any interest in it.

Dave

My my. Dave, you have out-done yourself. That is incredible. Quite a week for new finds here on Brian's forum. My update in the next day or two you should enjoy, Yours however, would be the most expensive, and the shiniest! Way to go!

Forgot to add this. Dave kindly collaborated with me as anyone who read the intro knows.

kr8.jpg

Dave,

This is a absolutely knockdown gorgeous grouping. I can only hope to achieve getting a grouping like this!

John

Again nice Cavalry grouping. One Squadron of the 6thKur ended up in the 117th Imfantry Division.
Buetiful helmet :)
Mark

Back