Model 1894 Prussian OR Dragoon Pickelhaube From SOS 2022

JohnS3rd

After Jame's pictures from the first couple of days at the SOS, I started doing a walkabout on Friday afternoon and morning Saturday. So to make a long story short, I came across this splendid example of a Model 1894 Prussian Other Ranks (Mannschaften) Dragoon Pickelhaube and decided it needed to go home with me.
Best regards,
John
Model 1894 Prussian OR Dragoon Pickelhaube Front.jpg

Model 1894 Prussian OR Dragoon Pickelhaube Left Side.jpgModel 1894 Prussian OR Dragoon Pickelhaube Back.jpgModel 1894 Prussian OR Dragoon Pickelhaube Right Side.jpg
Model 1894 Prussian OR Dragoon Pickelhaube Inside Liner.jpg

After Jame's pictures from the first couple of days at the SOS, I started doing a walkabout on Friday afternoon and morning Saturday. So to make a long story short, I came across this splendid example of a Model 1894 Prussian Other Ranks (Mannschaften) Dragoon Pickelhaube and decided it needed to go home with me.
Best regards,
John
View attachment 20580

View attachment 20581View attachment 20583View attachment 20582
View attachment 20584

You made the right decision! Beautiful example.

Lovely example, well found John. As Steve McFarland has said before, it is much harder to find good OR Dragoners than officer versions. Are those kokardes the standard 48mm OR infantry M91's ?

Good for you John! Never saw that one at the show, great find! Just goes to show you the size of the show is huge and never seam to see it all.

James

Back