New Dutch member

JayKay

Hello Pickelhaube lovers,

A little story of a newbe...

I live in the North of the Netherlands. And every year in autumn/winter I visit the Western Front in France.
There we wander arround in forests, underground tunnels, forts, villages an musea.
A lot of musea have the most beautiful pickelhaubes in desplays. I've seen them for years behind glass, and I alway told myself, that one day I wil get the hand on one.

Few weeks ago it happend :D , I was able te get myself my first pickelhaube, and boy, im hooked.....
Then the puzzle started.... age, wappen, regiment, and all those stamps :cry: .

After a few days on the internet, it appears that this forum is a leading institute for information and nowhow among the members (besides ofcourse the site of Colonel J and Kaiserbunker).
So a newbe with his first haube (and probably not his last), who is glad to be here,

See you all soon,
JayKay

As soon as I figured out how it works I post some pictures

Welcome to the forum, I did the same thing years ago, I just want one, turns out Pickelhaubes are like potato chips, you can not have just one!

Looking forward to seeing your first Haube

James

Welcome on the forum,looking forward for your pictures.A fellow dutch-man! Greetz,Coert. :thumb up:

Welcome JK, great to have you join us. You have obviously been bitten by the "Haube Bug", you start with one helmet and in extreme cases, you end up with 100+ :D . Good luck and have fun here on the forum!

Back