Okay, My Garde M15 too.

poniatowski

Here's mine. I don't think the badge is an original, not for $30... years ago. However, the rest was as I bought it.

These links are working here, so I'll check them at home... so if they're not coming through, I'll get them right!

:D Ron

Is the maker Alexander Dahl, yet again?? Why do you think the wappen is a repro? Were they making repro M15 wappen 30 years ago?

b.loree said:
Is the maker Alexander Dahl, yet again?? Why do you think the wappen is a repro? Were they making repro M15 wappen 30 years ago?

Hey Brian,

Yes, that looks like the maker mark. I corrected that sentence a bit, it was $30 and I think it was indeed about 30 years ago. From what I've seen here, it seems a bit 'fuzzy' to be authentic, but it looks nice on the helmet... repro or not. :) I won't have time this weekend to photo close-ups of it, but will in the future. Then we can all discuss it.

Also, I don't display it with the spray-paint can supporting it, but use one that keeps the visors off of the shelf and supports the entire helmet, rather than resting it on the top. (which isn't a good idea IMHO #-o )

Looks like I've got the only Dahl without any glossiness ](*,)

Hey Brian, Ron was referring to the Feldzeichen not the wappen.

That badge looks indeed a little fuzzy on the edges but I think I also see stitches :-k

Thanks Ronny, now I understand...feldzeichen NOT wappen. Al D. must have had a major contract to make M15 Garde tschakos! I still have no clue as to why your "finish" is different. I wonder also where the shape of these shakos came from?? The profile is certainly different.

aicusv said:
Is it the shape just that they are small sizes?

I really don't know.... the visor is a bit more vertical than other Tschakos and for some reason the 'flat top' is domed a bit more than is normal. I haven't really looked into this difference much. Something to keep in mind.

As far as the tops etc. on these tschakos, we are really looking at a piece of headdress that has no metal fittings or support disc to hold things in position. The only metal, unlike the pickelhaube, is the wappen and the ventilation fittings which offer no support at all. Sometimes the top sinks in and other times it pops up depending on conditions. Its rather ironic....they cancelled the "rolled front" visor on the hauben but kept it for the tschako.

Back