Pickelhaube Storage Cover?

Hi,

Sorry for my late response, I was naive enough to think I would have some time to connect to the web while on holiday with my two kids :-k

Thanks for the suggestions; of course I tried it on a size 56 M95 Pickelhaube as soon as I got home, and it fits nicely. Back to square one?

The shape of the cover suggests it is made for a Pickelhaube with square visors, and it even seems to have a front and a back.

I believe that I would take a different tack on this cover. It appears to be made of a woolen, uniform type, material, and it appears to be hand sewn. I believe that this might be what we used to call a "Field Expedient" cover. From experience I have found that troops in the field can come up with all manner of remedies to replace gear that has been lost, rotten, or rendered otherwise unusable. Maybe some soldier made this in the field from a discarded uniform. Just a thought.
John :-k

Ok, here ar two other guesses... How about a movie or theatre prop? Or how about a soldier who wanted a woolen cover for use during cold the winter months?
I know, it's not a fact but just possibilities...

Adler

Everybody,

Thanks for the feedback. Until proven otherwise (which of course I was hoping for :wink: ), I will have to assume it is not a proper Pickelhaube cover as would be used in the field, which is the most important to me.

Lars

Back