Prussian Officer's Tunic 40th Reg

Rendsburg

Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Imperial-German-Prussian-Officer-s-Tunic-40th-Reg_W0QQitemZ6562846444QQcategoryZ13965QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Otto

Bidders take note, sometimes I have my head up my bu**, I have delt with this seller in the past and was very happy with the transaction.
Gus

Bidders take note that this seller charges an 18% bidders fee, and no telling how much they will charge for shipping!!!!
Gus

I've got some questions about this tunic. Number one, these epaulettes and officer's boards are the 1915 pattern (white field and underlay) for the Friedensuniform. How do they relate to this Dunkelblau tunic? The officer's boards for a Dunkelblau tunic from this regiment should have a blue underlay. Someone enlighten me. I must be missing something.

Chip

Hey, pretty quick there Chip. I never picked up on the fact that these should be blue blacked for teh 1914 colors and that the white would be the 1915 colors. What I did notice though, was that as far as I know, IR40 never used blue piping on their Brandenburg cuffs. Nice epaulettes, nice Waffenrock, not a match :?:

I know the seller and he is a very decent fellow. I would vote that this was the way he received it and it would not be a deception from his part at all.

Well Tony, here is the odd part...this regiment did use blue piping on their cuff Patten, but on the gray Friedensuniform. I believe in 1915 the color of the prewar strap became the color of the cuff piping when the straps went to white. Nicht wahr?

Chip

Yes, correct for the M1915 Friedensuniform, I meant never on a Dunkelblau. This really could be correct then? A Dunkelblau following the M1915 Friedensuniform regulations which would make it quite unique. Damn. Too bad it is an officer Waffenrock!

"This really could be correct then? A Dunkelblau following the M1915 Friedensuniform regulations which would make it quite unique."

It seems strangely correct, but I have never heard of a blue M15 Friedensuniform. I bet there is something here that we have not known before?

Chip

Back