Saxon 12 or 13 Jager Officer Tschako

dave mosher

Wie gehts all:
I hadn't had the opportunity to pick up anything in a while and share. I recently got this as an ebay purchase out of Europe. I was pleasantly surprised...

Dave
with bush:

without bush:

interior:

plate

Congratulations Dave! :love10: The Sachsen officer Tschakos really are so much more attractive than any other contingent with that multi-layer Wappen and hand embroidery.

Dave: Exceptionally nice Saxon officer shako. It is a treat to see one where the metallic braid has not corroded. Nice find.

Reservist1

Very cool Dave, I will be sure to give you an extra big hug when I see you in Louisville. Brian

dave mosher said:
Wie gehts all:
I hadn't had the opportunity to pick up anything in a while and share. I recently got this as an ebay purchase out of Europe. I was pleasantly surprised...

Dave
with bush:

Dave,
This is a bit obscene to post on a family forum, I am very lucky that the images load very slowly on my server, so I did not have to see this image.
Gus

Thanks, Gents!

I had picked up a nice private purchase saxon oberjager tschako early in my collecting days, but traded it off. I always told myself if I had a chance to get a reasonable officer's tschako, I'd pick it up. I didn't realize until I got this, that the body of the officer's tschako was covered with beaver fur! It truly is one the more unique types of imperial headgear that was worn.

Regards

Dave

P.S. Only a hug, Brian....

Gus

I saw that too, but I held my breath that you wouldn't notice it....Fat chance. Now, what is going on in your little head now that "beaver fur" and "bush" are discussed on the same thread....

XXOO

Dave

P.S. Still only a hug Brian.

Hi Dave,
I waited for the image to load, and it was worth the wait, Much better than I imagined.
Hugs and kisses to you
Gus

Hi Dave:

Hirsute hilarity notwithstanding, would it be possible to see a close-up of the Rosetten? Have you had these apart?

Chas.

Thanks again all for the comments on the tschako.

Chas, here are the cockades. I have not taken them apart, but there are split prongs inside the shell, like a private purchase pickelhaube. It appears there are four separate pieces to assemble the cockade.

Thanks Dave:

Interesting how the use of gilt and silvered metals compliments the Sachsen Wappen, only in this instance the star is gilt. Beautiful Tschako.

Is this also from the Nachlaß of Freihaarig Paratestes?

Chas.

Back