Thank God for ebay.

Carlson

Several months ago, my father gave me a Reservist bier stein from the 1 Wuerttemberg Dragoons, No. 25, Koenigin Olga, based in Ludwigsburg. He was stationed in Ludwigsburg during the early 1950s. So, I post pictures of the stein on the wehrmact awards site, and Tony (who else?) shows a picture of a perfect tunic from that regiment.

I decided then and there that I had to get a tunic to match the stein.

Ebay made it all come true, and at a great price. It's got a few moth nips and is missing a shoulder strap button, but it looks great. As a matter of fact, the seller (a very friendly fellow) mis-identified the tunic as another Wuerttemberg regiment. But as soon as I saw the white shoulder boards with the O cypher, I knew what it was. Here are some pics, followed by a pic of the stein.

David

dsc01071be.jpg

dsc01109xj.jpg

mug13zf.jpg

Hey David,
Nice addition, but if you think it ends here, you are sadly mistaken, now you need the Haube too, and a belt, trousers, boots...
Welcome to the insanity
Gus

Welcome David, I was following both of those tunics. I have the helmet that would have gone with the other real JR119 tunic. Congratulations, that is a beautiful piece. As Otto would say, the next insane thing to look for would be the proper 25th Dragoon helmet !!! Brian

Carlson said:
and is missing a shoulder strap button

Not for long. Send me the dimensions when you get it. Regarding the helmet, I have been looking actively for about 8 years. It is in the top 5 of my want list, and I may never find one. Nice to see you get that Waffenrock.

Tony:

Oh, I've got it already. (the button is 2cm . . . if you've got a spare to share, that would be great!)

The seller lives on the other side of DC from me, so I drove over and got it this morning. A very nice fellow . . . he's got 21 steins from the 119th. His wife's grandfather was in the unit before and during the war . . . they've got his photo album, EKII, a feldgrau shoulder strap, and all kinds of documents. Just amazing.

He was surprised when I told him this was a 25th Dragoon tunic, and seemed genuinely happy for me. It's nice to meet nice people in this hobby.

Thanks to all for the comments!

David

Back