Trying to save Kaiser’s Bunker

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Thank you for everyone who has emailed to tell me that Kaiser’s Bunker is off the net. All of the HTML I wrote myself using two fingers 25 years ago, and now that old HTML is coming back to haunt me.

I’m trying to save it, and there could be a fix from my server, but unfortunately it will be expensive which is frustrating. So I will give it my best shot. Thanks again for the emails and especially to all that use Kaiser’s Bunker. Tony

B6DAFEB1-00F8-4F62-9133-C4EE9CF84520.jpeg

965FD2AA-3A03-475D-B382-C44B0F2D4F1C.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely, anything that can help just ask, I'm sure the wide variety of individuals on the forum here can offer whatever help you'd need!

Tony,
I'm very sorry to hear that, a really great site - the best site for decades! (das einzige Wahre!)
But you can still view the site via wayback-maschine: (it takes a while until everything is loaded!)
https://web.archive.org/web/20240214023505/https://www.kaisersbunker.com/
I hope you can update it again and get it back online! Good luck and many thanks!
:) Best regards, Jens
Jens,
This is great! Thank you. This "important" section is there as well: "Kaiser's Bunker Guide to Conservation and Display of Antique Headgear"

Thank you for everyone who has emailed to tell me that Kaiser’s Bunker is off the net. All of the HTML I wrote myself using two fingers 25 years ago, and now that old HTML is coming back to haunt me.

I’m trying to save it, and there could be a fix from my server, but unfortunately it will be expensive which is frustrating. So I will give it my best shot. Thanks again for the emails and especially to all that use Kaiser’s Bunker. Tony
Oh man that's terrible news Tony - your site is treasure trove for everyone here, and tons of others I am sure. I second the calls for a donation option, if that helps.(PayPal, Gofundme, etc.) You have a large, appreciative community that would be happy to help!

I spoke to Tony about this issue this morning. Like many of you I told him that I would gladly donate to any costs involved in saving "The Best English Reference on Pickelhauben in the World". I advised him to try and hire a professional to go in and do whatever is needed to get TKB up and running. I believe that we have a few "tech experts" here on the forum and I would ask them to PM Tony and offer help and advice if you can. My impression is that the "language" used to create the site is outdated and this is why it was shut down. I may even with Tony's permission, ask Joel to look into this. We shall see....

Yes, I spoke to the guy !
Told him that in fact we are all old bikers, former Hell's.... who try to spend our old days in a descent manner...
...but that this could change easily when we get frustrated!!

He immediately understood, when looking at our helmets!! ;-)

(lol!!)

Back