Jupiter66

Hello everyone

I ask you for your help on this helmet that is offered to me. C is a Badois helmet ( dated 1905) activated passed to the reserve..

The plate is screw-on and some oxidation stains on the plate

Does the set seem coherent to you? Or do I have to go my way? Thank you for your help

a53b4310.jpg

Last edited:

Don´t hesitate too long, Laurent....
Maybe you can ask the seller for a back view of the Wappen.

Philippe
;)

Last edited:

Bruno,
There were a lot of variations concerning helmets that´s moved from the active LGR109 to the RJR109.
I already saw 109 helmets with such perfect RJR109 stamps showing a M91 plate in a M95 shell with grommets. This also has been observed on some Garde helmets. And they are genuine.

Philippe
;)

Last edited:
As shown on my website, the 6 ventilation holes were already discussed when the M87 was introduced. In the transcript of a letter from Prince Regent Ludwig of Bavaria, which I published on my website, he wrote on October 22, 1887 that the new helmets of his departments should have 5 to 6 ventilation holes.
Pickelhaube - Modifications during 1887-1890
But according the Prussian clothing regulations, on the other hand, only 5 ventilation holes were expressly required for foot troops and also for the rotating spike of the dragoons until the very end (see Prussian uniform regulations for enlisted men from 1896 [page 88 (foot troops) and page 91 (dragoons) - § 39.2d] and from 1903 [page 94 (foot troops) and page 97 (dragoons) - § 39.2d].
But I think that these innovations were tolerated, since it was not a deterioration of the status quo. And if they were available for the same price, no one would object.

Hello everyone

Thank you for your feedback.

Initially, the seller wanted to sell by hand and by paypal. My friend makes the move to examine the helmet: the seller refuses to disassemble the plate and refuses for my friend to take additional photos of the plate...weird

For the payment, the seller changed his mind: he wants a bank transfer and prefers to send it to me by mail.... I propose to make a transfer (with screenshot of the transfer) and to give the helmet to my friend... He refuses..

I found the story very suspicious and I preferred to give up than to have bad surprises

Back