And behold, a star rose in the East

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
But this star is on a Kgl.Sächs. Karabiner-Regiment (2.Schweres Regiment) Metalhelm and the city in the East was Dresden.

For the first Pickelhaube showing of 2018, lets start the New Year off with a killer.

This helmet came as a complete surprise offer to me in 2017. I never thought I would have an issued Saxon Heavy Cavalry metal helmet, as they are horrifically expensive and more or less impossible to find even if you wanted one.

I know many prefer these with the parade lion, but I prefer Pickelhauben in their combat configuration with the spike mounted. And this example has a magnificent tall spike. So this helmet for me, could not get any better.

Here is the link to the standard write-up and more photos.

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/helmets/dbh22.htm

This beautiful Metalhelm was obtained in 1980 by a distinguished collector in Quebec Canada, who owned it for 37 years. Now I have the privilege to care for it.

dbh22h.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Tony. Love to see the marked Other Ranks pieces like this Saxon. The leather lined back visor very nice too.
Congrats !!

What a beautiful helmet, I just looked at your link for the rest of the pictures,
I am simply gobsmacked with it's beauty....

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

If only I could ever own one of these, [-o<

Greetings, Coert :)

Shut the front door!!!!!!!!! =D>

That is a knockout example Tony!!! Absolutely perfect and pristine example.

Way to start off the New Year!!!

Me wants!

John

Congratulations T on a magnificent addition to your already world class collection. :bravo:

Moderator said:
Off topic comments removed.

And secondly, to Tony: me bloody oath, mate, what a spectacular way to start the new year! It truly is a beauty, and an extremely rare one to boot! Congratulations :thumb up: :thumb up: :thumb up: :thumb up: :thumb up:

Congratulations, that‘s a wonderfull Helmet. I really like these metall Helmets and this one is a beauty =D> =D>
Well done :D

That's a beauty Tony! My 6th K. is also set up how 'I'd have done it' were I in the unit, tall spike and all.

:D Ron

Positively magnificent, Tony!
You reminded us that visors, at least the rear one, were lined with leather on these helmets, even on enlisted models. And this, surprisingly, also applied to M15 models...

Back