Dragoon helmets with silver trim

Holy cow Steve - what an astonishing and beautiful array of Dragoons. Awesome to see them all in one thread! (y)

Steve,
Good GOD man, it just keeps getting better and better incredible really. Please tell me your main focus is Dragoons, if you have this depth and qualify for every branch I'm raising the white flag 🏳️. No wonder I can't find anything "new" for my collection.

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures they are all new to me, and I'm really enjoying the photo's. What a pleasure, it took my morning cup to another level so I really appreciate it. :love:

Steve,
Good GOD man, it just keeps getting better and better incredible really. Please tell me your main focus is Dragoons, if you have this depth and qualify for every branch I'm raising the white flag 🏳️. No wonder I can't find anything "new" for my collection.

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures they are all new to me, and I'm really enjoying the photo's. What a pleasure, it took my morning cup to another level so I really appreciate it. :love:
I forgot my Baden Dragoon
Regiments 20 ; 21 & 22
SteveBaden D R.JPGBaden D R a.JPG

Thank you Steve for the information on the book. I will keep my eye out for it.
Do all dragoon officer shoulder boards have the lighter blue (cornflower?) underlay?
Kyle

Thank you Steve for the information on the book. I will keep my eye out for it.
Do all dragoon officer shoulder boards have the lighter blue (cornflower?) underlay?
Kyle
Kyle ;
Because of the model change of the shoulder straps M1915
all Dragoon Officer shoulder straps went to a blue underlay
however they were allowed to also retain their former color
so there would be a double underlay
in the case of 1 & 2 Garde Dragoons both would be red over blue
The most interesting IMO are the Hessian Dragoons as they have
3 different colors of underlay
D R 19 Oldenberg had the silver tressa over the blue underlay
Here we see 1 G D R ; Oldenberg D R 19 Hessian Dragoons 23 and 24
Steve1 Garde Dragoon X 3.jpegDragoon Regt 19 Oldenburg.JPGdD R 23 D R 24 Col.jpgD R 24X 5.jpg

Thank you Steve for the shoulder board underlay information. Also, I found that helmet book you suggested on Abebooks from a bookstore in Germany and ordered it, only $48.
Kyle

Thank you Steve for the shoulder board underlay information. Also, I found that helmet book you suggested on Abebooks from a bookstore in Germany and ordered it, only $48.
Kyle
Such a deal !
Good for you
I would have guessed $100
Steve

Absolutely phenomenal museum-quality helmets! It's especially nice how you have the items grouped by regiment/unit. Did they come like this, or did you have to search for and gather the items to group them yourself?

Absolutely phenomenal museum-quality helmets! It's especially nice how you have the items grouped by regiment/unit. Did they come like this, or did you have to search for and gather the items to group them yourself?
I had to purchase epaulettes and shoulder straps and other items
to go with the helmets
Thanks for your remarks
Steve

I just got in some Dragoon straps and 1 epaulette today
I will post them under shoulder straps
Steve

Back