Garde Bayonet

A

Anonymous

The pictures are lousy, but this is one of the items I grabbed at the Mohawk Arms auction. It is complete with scabbard and frog (which I will photograph eventually). The bayonet is WKC manufacture with a knight/knight trademark. The grip is stag with an attached enamel Garde Stern. Nobody bid on this; therefore, I purchased it for the minimum.

I know very little about dress bayonets; it just seemed like a good value. Any insight would be appreciated.

Chas.

KICX0341.jpg

KICX0338.jpg

Hey Chas,
Nice looking piece-What else did you come up with? Guess there werent to many bargains(How could there be when he runs a 10 day auction on ebay then slides into a room full of collectors/dealers)-And Gus dont forget about the 20% buyers premium!-King Weasel

Hi All,
I need to acknowledge that the good auction houses (and this auction would fall into that catagorie, I believe) do the seller a good service, they get top dollar for the items, but I question the cut that they take. Years ago it was very expensive to advertize the auctions, mailing lists were expensive to compile and maintain. Mailings were very expensive too. But now most of the advertizing is done over the internet, cost is much lower, it is easer and cheaper to maintain the lists, but then in our country, you can charge what the costomer is willing to pay.
I will get off my soap bax and take another pill.
Best wihses
Gus

3littleweasels said:
And Gus dont forget about the 20% buyers premium!
17-1/2% on purchases of $2,000.00 or less. The premium drops to 10% for purchases over $10,000.

At least there was no sales tax. :roll:

Chas.

Back