M15 Arty

joerookery

This is an interesting helmet that has a lot of similarities to one of mine.
full.jpg

So I took the bold move of ignoring the plate and rosette methods (M91 posts) And asked a question as mine has similar qualities
http://www.coljs.com/pickelhaube/Prussian%20ReserveFR.htm
Here is the question
Hi,
Is the round plate on topp and the neck of the ball top magnetic?
VR/Joe
The response
i dont know!!! and frankly who cares??? its a m1915 helmet and you are trying to complicate a real simple thing. if you are really interested in whether or not it is magnetic you might want to hold off because i am not going to find a magnet to check it. thanx, joey

I'm not bidding.

Brrrrrr! Talk about the grand go by. "joeyflags," eh? There has to be a joke in that, somewhere.

Chas.

Joe,
You have go to be kidding me, who cares? I would guess that this bozo does not care how much he gets for it either.
Gus

Joe, I'm confused...isn't the pickelillustrated yours? Is the fellow trying to scam your helmet's photo?

George, the picture in the thread is my helmet. 6558101021

His is an artillery helmet, that certainly does not look like an M15 to me.

That is one cheeky cove.
Joeyflags, eh? Surely it's Joey flogs - as in Joey flogs the monkey? :wink:

Skøl!
K-B

I actually like these kinds of helmets. Of course there is a certain logic to only buying those things that are up to snuff regulation wise, but the variations are so endless. Remember Dave had that Bavarian with the air vents, built in to a twist off cruciform base? I do not think this is an M15 though. It seems obvious that the ball unscrews, and it does not look as though the base unscrews. I do not see any evidence of a bayonet mounting. Sort of like mine. I informed the owner, after his last comment.

Actually it's not an M15. God bless.
he responded two different time's
ACTUALLY IT DEFINATELY IS AN M 1915. PLEASE NO UNSOLICITED COMMENTS!!! KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF, I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THEM.

JOE 2 PEOPLE HAVE CONTACTED ME SAYING THAT YOU ARE BAD MOUTHING MY HELMET. ONLY 1 OF THEM IS GOING TO GIVE ME THE INFO. TO REPORT YOU FOR CONTACTING MY POTENTIAL CLIENTS. IT IS AGAINST E-BAY POLICY TO CONTACT POTENTIAL BUYERS.

I only contacted the owner. Perhaps he should try decaf. Or maybe I have bad breath. Tony certainly got farther than I did.

I Knew that Joe fellow was a bad egg, wait a minute, I do not remember any one bad mouthing the helmet, I thought we were talking about the other joey. I never noticed that Joe had bad breath. But then I have never kissed him and I always wore a gas mask in his presence.
Zaphod

joerookery said:
I do not think this is an M15 though.

Hi Joe:

I think you're absolutely right about this. When I looked at the rosettes and chinscales in joeyflags' pictures, they impressed me as being conventional M95 stuff. And, check out that dude's front yard! Every cat in the neighborhood must be expressing itself on his grass.

I think the blighter hoisted himself on his own petard. I hope he is happy with his $676.00. It seems as though it might have netted more, and frankly who cares??? At least now he can afford some Weed and Feed and some Turtle Wax for his Saturn.

PAYS FAST answers e-mails

Chas. :wink:

Gus,

Not yet! Considering how badly I've been scared in my life, this guy really doesn't know how little, rude comments affect me. I would gladly have paid $700 or more for this helmet. Somebody must be reading our forum!

Back