Sachsen Ersatzpickelhaube

Roudeleiw

Hello dear friends,

I am a little new to this hobby and I got offered this Sachsen Ersatz-Pickelhaube.
In my opinion it is an untouched piece, but as I am not as experienced as you are,
I wanted to ask you guys about it first. What do you think about it and how much would be a reasonable price for me to buy it for?

Thank you all in advance :)

Attachments

• Sachsen1.jpeg
    Sachsen1.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Sachsen2.jpeg
    Sachsen2.jpeg
    503.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Sachsen4.jpeg
    Sachsen4.jpeg
    463.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Sachsen3.jpeg
    Sachsen3.jpeg
    773 KB · Views: 40
  • Sachsen5.jpeg
    Sachsen5.jpeg
    559.6 KB · Views: 42
A very nice original example. I see nothing wrong with it, excellent condition!

Thank you very much for your first opinion :) .
As I would like to purchase this Pickelhaube, what do you think would be a correct price to pay for it?
That depends first how much the seller wants to sell it for. But I agree with Brian, it is a very nice helmet.
You might get a bargain, but also a very high price. Which you could get lower if you get in touch with the seller.

That depends first how much the seller wants to sell it for. But I agree with Brian, it is a very nice helmet.
You might get a bargain, but also a very high price. Which you could get lower if you get in touch with the seller.
Thank you for your reply :)
The seller wants 1350 €

Sorry to be a party-pooper but to me it seems repainted ( perhaps some years ago..) and also the Saxon cocarde has been repainted...
No inner reenforcement at the spike and the " Splinten" aren t tight

Sorry to be a party-pooper but to me it seems repainted ( perhaps some years ago..) and also the Saxon cocarde has been repainted...
No inner reenforcement at the spike and the " Splinten" aren t tight
Thank you Leibhusar,
just for me to understand in the future, what made you think it was repainted? Just experience? :)

€1350 is too much for the helmet, by the way, a metal haube usually has no support disc for the spike. The saxon kokarde is indeed repainted, I had my doubts about it too.

First of all, these types of metal helmets are scarce.
Particularly the "feldgraue" versions, and certainly the even scarcer Saxony version.
Then you automatically start looking critically.
I see NO signs of use on the outside of the helmet (signs of use).
Then, after more than 35 years of collecting, all the "bells" start ringing for me.
Especially if the splints are not firmly bent (to hold the point on the helmet) and the support disc is missing...
But that is my opinion.

Repainted helmet. The roundels are not Saxon, but Prussian, repainted in Saxon colours. The chinstrap is a reproduction (good copy). It would be necessary to check that the holes in the shell correspond to the fixing bridges on the front plate. The reverse of the side posts should be checked.
For me, no more than 1000€.

Hello dear friends,

I am a little new to this hobby and I got offered this Sachsen Ersatz-Pickelhaube.
In my opinion it is an untouched piece, but as I am not as experienced as you are,
I wanted to ask you guys about it first. What do you think about it and how much would be a reasonable price for me to buy it for?

Thank you all in advance :)
Now officially on the market 😃

Best wishes,

GardeUlan

Back